Job Title: Senior Water Quality/Compliance Engineer
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert level knowledge specific to water treatment (required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions).
- The individual must be competent in programming and troubleshooting through water treatment controllers (i.e., Pulsafeeder, LMI, Walchem, Advantage).
- The individual must have a high mechanical aptitude and be knowledgeable regarding different types of cooling towers. (i.e., crossflow, counter-flow, hybrid) and their associated water based mechanicals (i.e., heat pump systems, chillers, plate and frame heat exchangers).
- MUST BE ABLE TO DRAW A WATER FLOW SCHEMATIC.
- Should be able to speak knowledgeably about NYC Final Cooling Tower Regulations and NY State’s Cooling Tower Regulations.
- Willing to act as an ambassador for NYC COOLING TOWER INSPECTIONS AND SERVICES when conducting services in the field.
- The individual must have an entrepreneurial and leader-like mindset.
- Must be very organized and able to work effectively with building staff, especially building owner(s).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Acrobat PDF, and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering Degree; or the individual must have a minimum of 10 years of experience cleaning and disinfecting cooling towers and their associated mechanical equipment.
- Must have experience with chemical flushing of piping systems.
- The individual must have a valid NY State Commercial Pesticides Applicator’s or Technician’s License.
- Commuting to our mechanical shop.
- Commuting to NYC for projects, which will require hands on labor, supervising of projects, and training (i.e., cleaning/disinfecting a cooling tower, coil cleanings, setting up of a water treatment station, performing initial (new construction) pipe cleanings, conducting cooling tower inspections, development of maintenance program and plans, water testing and picking up Legionella/HPC samples.
- Varied scheduled.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Collaborative working environment. Touches all levels within the customer’s organization.
- Trust and respect for customers and NYC-CTIS’s leadership team.
- Excellent compensation structure.
- Incredible benefits package! Includes medical, dental, vision, HRA, FSA, life, short and long term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
- Company provides cell phone, computer, and a van for conducting work.
- Special sign on bonus!
Organization: NYC Cooling Tower Inspections and Services
Job Function: Management Level: Water Quality/Compliance
Primary Location: North America-United States-NY-New York City